Workgroup in Nursing Informatics
- a small number of people working together toward a common goal
- advantage: environment allows for increased insight and creativity
- disadvantage: sometimes fail because members of the group allow personal conflicts (in terms of personality and work styles) to interfere with the group’s goal.
- 4 stages in group development:
- typically, individuals are quiet and polite to one another
- conflicts normally arise
- effective communications must be occuring
- typically, conflicting factions make peace and come together
- less communications is necessary
- begins to really work well
- communication is free flowing
Have a nice day!!!